For quick access, select a topic below.
Guidelines for Infection Control
- 05/15/2020 LDH Notice: Continuation of LDH Notices and Orders Due to COVID-19 Outbreak
- 05/01/2020 Governor's Proclamation 52 JBE 2020: Renewal of State of Emergency for COVID-19
- 04/24/2020 LDH Notice: Clarification of Notice Issued 04/20/2020 for Allowable Medical, Surgical and Dental Procedures.
- 04/20/2020 LDH Notice: Amended & Updated Guidance for Medical & Surgical Procedures, Dental Visits, & Other Healthcare Services.
- 04/16/2020 LDH Notice: Guidance of the provision of Health Care Services in a Non-Discriminatory Manner During the COVID-19 Event
- 03/21/2020 LDH Notice: Guidance to healthcare providers to transition to telehealth or postpone services that can safely be postponed.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Infection Control Guidelines for Healthcare Professionals – Updated 4/13/2020
- CDC Guidance Documents for Healthcare Professionals
- World Health Organization (WHO) technical guidance for health workers
- Louisiana Department of Health, Office of Public Health Provider Information for Healthcare Professionals
- Louisiana Department of Health Guidance and Resources
- Louisiana Department of Health COVID-19 FAQs
- CMS Recommendations for Re-Opening Facilities to Provide Non-Emergent Non-COVID-19 Healthcare
- Opening America Again Guidelines
- Louisiana Open Safely
- Telehealth in Louisiana - FAQs
- Telehealth in Louisiana - Board Rule
- Telehealth Resources - APTA (free courses and other COVID-19 resources availalbe to all PTs and PTAs)
Renewal Information – 2020 Renewals ONLY
- License Expiration is extended to 05/30/2020
- Live courses may be substituted with online courses for 2020 renewals.
- Late fees for renewing are waived in 2020
- IMPORTANT: See 2020 Renewal page for online renewal instructions and answers to commonly asked questions.
Do you have a previously approved live course now being offered as a distance learning course?
- The distance learning version of the course needs to be submitted for board approval.
- Deadline for submitting the application for course approval is April 30, 2020.
- Course application fee is waived for the distance learning version of the previously approved live course.
- All approved courses appear in the course list on the license renewal form once approved.
- The LPTB Office is closed to visitors at this time. Employees will remain working, contact us remotely.
- Mailing Guidance: Do NOT require a signature on mail sent to the board office during this time. We recommend that you use other tracking options for mailed documents during this time.