Military Licensing Information
For Active Duty Military and their Spouses:
In accordance with La. R.S. 37:3651, active duty military and their spouses will be granted an expedited licensing process. In addition to the standard application components, the LPTB will issue a temporary license to military personnel or military spouses after receiving verification of the applicant's most recent jurisdiction of license, and a copy of their military ID.
The applicant would be eligible for their full license once all states where they hold licensure have submitted a verification.
Primary Source Application Components:
- Completed Applicaiton
- Application Fee
- Identification--copy of Driver's License (front and back), Social Secuirty Card, and Military ID. (May substitute a copy of your passport for your Driver's License.)
- Passage of the Jurisprudence Exam
- Proof of Compliance for CEUs from the Previous 24 months with Active Licenses along with a personal statement explaining the requirements of each jurisdiction.
- Score Transfer
- Passport-sized Photo
Third Party Application Components:
- Official Transcript
- Official Background Check
- License Verification from Other States where License was Held
For Military-Trained PTAs:
Pursuant to §2411.2, the LPTB will recognize Physical Therapist Assistants who have completed a United States armed services training program. Such applicants may qualify for licensure by providing satisfactory evidence showing that said training program is substantially equivalent to the requirements for Physical Therapist Assistants educated in an accredited entry-level program. Applicants may establish substantial equivalency by submitting the following:
- Documentation showing completion of a United States armed services program of training accredited by a board-approved accrediting agency containing courses which prepared the applicant to work as a Physical Therapist Assistant.
- A credentials evaluation as directed by the board that determines that the candidate has met uniform criteria for educational requirements as further established by board rule.
- Any additional education as required by the board.
Please click here to access the application for Military-Trained PTAs.